Forget the large equipment and focus on fundamental jewelry making skills to create a versatile jewelry wardrobe that coordinates with all your favorite outfits using hand tools.
Are you interested in learning how to make jewelry at home?
Learning how to make jewelry can be overwhelming.
Whether you have an idea in your mind, or not, it’s hard to navigate the wealth of information available. You are not alone! My guess is you associate with one of the following:
Maybe you are a beginner seeking a new outlet …
Jewelry is a great hobby! But the art of making jewelry encompasses a big world of various techniques. So, where do you begin? What tools do you REALLY need? Where should you buy materials?
Perhaps you are already an adventurous DIYer …
If you’ve been dabbling with jewelry tutorials on YouTube or even taking various jewelry making classes, you’ve likely discovered there’s a wide variety of tools, techniques, and opinions. It can feel like starting all over again with every new source. You bounce around from one project to the next without any continuity connecting the dots. It can become confusing, and you can spend a LOT of money on materials, tools, and equipment you really don’t need and may never use again.
Or you are an experienced hobbyist …
You have enough experience to realize that the details really do matter, so now you’re seeking access to quality fundamentals that will help improve your craftsmanship. Maybe you’re renting time and access to the big commercial equipment at a local studio, but it’s not always convenient, so you’d like to explore what’s possible at home.
Imagine how great it would feel …
To have a professional you trust guide you on your jewelry making journey.
To have a detail-oriented instructor presenting a series of jewelry projects curated to connect the dots and leading you through a curriculum that strategically builds your skills, tool collection, and jewelry wardrobe.
To have a welcoming community of makers to share the experience!
Introducing the new Jewelry Classes with Jen Learning Center!
The online membership community for jewelry makers who want to craft quality, stylish, artisan jewelry right from home.
With a Jewelry Classes with Jen Learning Center Membership, you’ll have:
- An ever-growing selection of jewelry making tutorials and courses showing how to make jewelry you’ll love to wear
- Direction – we offer 2 specific Jewelry Making Journeys: ‘Build your Foundation’ which is perfect for beginners, or anyone interested in re-visiting jewelry fundamentals, and ‘Make it Modular’ which is a series of tutorials featuring jewelry with versatility – great for intermediate level jewelry makers. It showcases custom clasps, stylish segments (bracelets and necklaces) and other jewelry components that play well together.
- Perks of my unique approach – working with measuring charts and dialing in your forming skills will improve your craftsmanship which will prove useful for many various techniques as you expand your scope.
- A trusted pro you can ask questions either throughout the month in the community forums, or on our monthly live Q&A call where I can demonstrate the answers.
- The ability to watch a demo whenever you want – as many times as you like – and even stop/rewind to see that last part again. 😉
- A reasonable list of tools and equipment with a whole bunch of great jewelry designs you can craft at home.
- Quality written instructions for quick reference while you’re working. (You can build up quite a Jewelry Classes with Jen Reference Binder!)
- Patterns and reference charts you’ll be thrilled to have at your fingertips.
- The inside scoop on findings and materials I use in the jewelry projects.
- And a welcoming and supportive community sharing your learning adventure!
Hi! I’m Jen.
If you don’t know me that well already, I’ll let you know I am lovingly called an “anal artist” (hahaha).
I am an award-winning jewelry artisan, and forming with precision is at the crux of a vast array of my designs. When it comes to making my own jewelry, I strive to be meticulous. Over the years I have been drawn to rhythmic patterns of repetitive shapes.
Why am I telling you this? Because to achieve precise repetitive components, I studied angles of force, varied pressures, and other mechanics of forming.
And the good news is I am a great translator!
So, while there’s lots of science behind my accrued knowledge, I can simplify things and describe what you need to do to achieve a specific result with practical tips and advice.
I have been teaching the art of making jewelry for 15 years. And over the years I developed a unique approach utilizing measuring charts and making patterns to help specify tool placement and targeted force for forming with accuracy. These methods have helped hundreds of students craft successful jewelry projects even at very beginner levels. And now I am filming my demonstrations and offering them on this great online platform, so you can view the lessons repeatedly any time you wish.
Here’s what my students have to say …
“You are, without doubt, one of the best jewelry teachers I have ever worked with. Your instructions are always clear and concise. You provide detailed, written instructions, along with verbal directions and actual hands-on modeling to show the proper way to work for every step of the way. I have taken many classes with other well-known artists, but none teach as well as you. Many artists can be good at their art, but not a good teacher. You stand alone in your ability to create, design, AND teach. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.”
“Jen is a fantastic instructor. She is always patient and always willing to share her knowledge. She has a very unique gift to be able to teach skills so that everyone in the group can understand. Her supportive teaching approach visually shows the detailed steps of the project, coupled with step-by-step instructions with photos.”
“Your instructions are precise and thorough, and the step-by-step pictures of each step make following along very easy. Your attention to detail is a lifesaver for those of us whose “organic” style makes duplicating difficult. Earrings may be in my future thanks to your reference charts.”
“Thanks for making jewelry making more enjoyable and less frustrating.”
Now you can benefit from my experience, instruction, and guidance by joining the Jewelry Classes with Jen Learning Center online!
With your membership you’ll get:
- Access to the private JCWJ community center where you can share your jewelry making journey with the other members through discussion forums, profiles, messaging and more!
- An ever-growing gallery of Jewelry Project Tutorials and Courses featuring fashionable jewelry designs you’ll be proud to wear with supporting pre-requisites and suggestions for your next steps.
- 2 Jewelry Making Journeys: ‘Build Your Foundation’ and ‘Make it Modular’ – curated series of lessons that connect the dots as you learn.
- Video demonstrations showing key jewelry making skills you can watch over and over.
- A collection of Jewelry Making Reference you don’t want to live without.
- The inside scoop on Sources and Suppliers for the materials used in my projects.
- Monthly Q&A calls on zoom.
- And a monthly social call to connect with the other members.
Set up a recurring monthly payment of just $19 and get all the benefits the Jewelry Classes with Jen Learning Center has to offer.
Save $$ - set up a recurring annual payment of $190 and get all the benefits the Jewelry Classes with Jen Learning Center has to offer.