Woven Wire Ring – Intro to Wire Weaving
(registration instructions below)
People are always amazed by my woven guitar necklaces – now you can learn the very same weaving technique! In this class we will focus on making an adjustable woven ring. This is a great technique for making cuff bracelets as well. I will show you how to acheive a consistent weave and a sleek method to finish it cleanly.
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Intermediate (**)
Because weaving wire is a skill unto itself, this class is appropriate for all levels, but the finishing techniques will come easier to those who have worked with wire a fair amount.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $55/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Materials: (I will have some available for you to use in class)
- 20ga copper wire – about 50″ will make a ring as pictured
Tools: (Please inquire about tool rental if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) half-round #4 cut Swiss made file is preferred, but needle files will work too
- Pin-vise fitted with a cup bur for 20ga wire (optional)
- Silicone lubricant (optional)
- Flush cutter
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith # PL46 or Eurotool equivalent)
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers (optional)
- Table-top or table-clamping vise with rubber lined jaws
- Steel block or anvil and mat to muffle the sound
- Embossing hammer
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- Sanding sponges/Emery paper/Polishing cloth (also available for sale at class)
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for use in class, but feel free to bring them if you have them:
- bamboo skewers
- painter’s tape
- ring mandrel
- finger gauge
- ring sizing ruler
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.