Twisted Wire Cross Pendant
(registration instructions below)
Learn to twist wire as you explore the puzzle of this great cross pendant! The real focus of this class is the skill of twisting wire, which requires even pressure and proper angles. The shape of a cross presents a bit of a challenge to form the center joint with just one length of wire. Once you see how it is accomplished, you may be inspired to use it in other designs.
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Intermediate (**)
Twisting wire is a skill in itself, but not appropriate for the complete novice.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials: (Wire will be available for sale in class as well.)
- 9″ of 16 ga dead soft sterling silver wire for the pendant shown or,
- 12″ of 16 ga dead soft sterling silver wire for a larger pendant
Tools: (inquire about renting tools if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) – (needle files are fine for this)
- Flush cutter -heavy duty if you have one
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Nylon jaw pliers (optional)
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Bail Pliers (Beadsmith #PL42)
- Embossing hammer
- Steel block and silencing pad
- Sanding sponges/ Emery paper (various grits)
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
I will have liver of sulfur available for an antique patina if you desire.
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.