Swivel Bail Folded Flame Pendant
A Measuring Charts Made Easy: Stage 2 Project
Sawing – Forming – Heat Patina
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $65/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($4)
- 4.5″ x 2″ piece of 20ga copper sheet
- 1″ of 16ga sterling silver wire
Reference: ( The instructions will include my measurements, but if you want to customize the patterns for your own tools…)
- Measuring tool for teardrop rollback loop – 16ga/ stepped pliers – small step
- Measuring tool for U Curves – 20ga/ Bail pliers – both large and small side
- Flush cutter – heavy duty
- File(s) – (#4 cut Swiss made half-round file recommended)
- Rubber jawed vise for filing
- Bail making pliers (Beadsmith # PL42)
- Stepped pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- pin vise fitted with a cup bur for 16ga wire
- jeweler’s saw frame ( at least a 3″ return required)
- bench pin with clamp
- 3/0 saw blades
- silicone lubricant
- emery paper (various grits)
- 3M Sanding sponges ( fine, superfine, ultrafine, microfine)
- slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be provided for your use in class, however if you have them, feel free to bring them…
- Basic Soldering set-up
- rubber cement
- 1.5mm hole punch for metal
- 2.5mm round bur
- Nikolas lacquer/ spray box
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.