A Jewelry Design 1 Project
(registration instructions below)
The manipulation of sheet and/or wire to form a desired shape.
Level: Beginner (*)
Forming the streamer links to swing freely is the hardest part. As long as you hammer evenly, it should work out great. There’s a couple of tricks to maintain the hammered texture on opposing loops, but armed with my instruction you will create an amazing focal piece!
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
Monday, June 4, 2018 from 2-5pm
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Copper focal kit ($5) available for sale in class – silver focal kit upon ordering ($40).
- (2) 3/16″, (2) 1/4″, and (1) 5/16″ strips – approx 4″ in length of 20 ga sheet and a 2.5″ length of 12ga wire to make a streamer focal
- chain to transform the focal into a necklace
- Flush cutter (heavy)
- File(s) (Swiss made #4 cut half round file recommended)
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith # PL46 or Eurotool equivalent – 13mm,16mm,20mm steps)
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Bail-making pliers (optional) (Beadsmith #PL42)
- Embossing hammer (or other texturing hammer)
- steel block and silencing pad
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- Metal shears
- 3M Sanding sponges – Fine, superfine, ultrafine, and microfine
- Slurry coated polishing cloths in grits from 360 to 4000
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.