Spiral Sculpture Ear Hooks
(registration instructions below)
Create these elegant sculptural ear hooks as you challenge your brain with the third dimension! This class features forming 3-D mirror images with wire.
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Advanced (***)
This project is challenging because of the mirror images of a 3-D wire project.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
Saturday, April 25, 2020 from 2:00 – approximately 5:00 pm
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials: (kit available for $3.50 in class)
- 7.5″ of 20 ga sterling silver wire – dead soft
- (2) 6 mm beads (bicones preferably) that fit snugly on 20 ga wire
Tools: (inquire about renting tools if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) – (needle files are fine for this)
- Flush cutter
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Bail-making pliers (Beadsmith # PL42)
- Wrap n’ Tap Pliers (Beadsmith # PL46)
- Pin vise fitted with a 1.3mm cup bur (for 20ga wire)
- Bur life or other lubricant
- Sanding sponges/Steel wool (#00)/Polishing pad
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.