Spiral Sculpture Ear Hooks
(registration instructions below)
Create these elegant sculptural ear hooks as you challenge your brain with the third dimension! This class features forming 3-D mirror images with wire.
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Advanced (***)
This project is challenging because of the mirror images of a 3-D wire project.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials: (kit available for $3.50 in class)
- 7.5″ of 20 ga sterling silver wire – dead soft
- (2) 6 mm beads (bicones preferably) that fit snugly on 20 ga wire
Tools: (inquire about renting tools if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) – (needle files are fine for this)
- Flush cutter
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Bail-making pliers (Beadsmith # PL42)
- Wrap n’ Tap Pliers (Beadsmith # PL46)
- Pin vise fitted with a 1.3mm cup bur (for 20ga wire)
- Bur life or other lubricant
- Sanding sponges/Steel wool (#00)/Polishing pad
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.