Spiral Dangle Earrings
(registration instructions below)
Learn to form and forge spiral dangles! This class features an introduction to forming with wire. You will learn proper plier positioning and technique for optimal results; forming connection loops; and forging.
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Beginner (*)
This project is a great introduction to forming and forging wire to make jewelry.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
Sunday, June 4, 2017 from 2 – approximately 5pm.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials: (provided for free in class)
- 10″+ of 18ga copper wire
- earwires to match
Tools: (inquire about renting tools if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) – (needle files are fine for this)
- Flush cutter
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Pin vise fitted with a 1.7mm cup bur (for 18ga wire)
- Bur life or other lubricant
- Embossing hammer
- Steel block and silencing pad
- Sanding sponges/Steel wool (#00)/Polishing pad
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.