Sleek Wire Wrapped Glass Cabochons
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
Saturday, April 18, 2020 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Materials: (glass cabs and wire will be available for sale in class if you don’t have your own to bring)
- fused glass cabochons (simple shapes)
- 18ga round wire (silver or copper as you prefer) Length required is equal to the circumference of your cab + 4″
- 18ga (or 16ga) 1/2 round wire – about 9 or 10″
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Stepped pliers
- flat/ half round pliers (optional)
- wrap n’ tap pliers
- bail making pliers
- flush cutters
- jewelry grade file
- ultra-fine tip sharpie marker
- Bead mat
- steel wool or sanding sponges to clean up your wires
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be available for you to use in class (or bring your own if you wish)
- safety glasses
- string (for measuring the circumference)
- rubbing alcohol
- grease pen (for marking dark glass)
- glass grinder fitted with a groove bit
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.