Shadow Cup Ring
Forming – Sawing – Soldering – Disk Punching – Stone setting
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $120/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($28 + stone)
- (2) 7/8″ square pieces of 20ga silver sheet
- (1) 3″ length of 6ga half round sterling wire
- 5mm tube setting
- 5mm faceted stone
- (1) 7/8″ square piece of 20ga copper sheet
- Jeweler’s saw, 3/0 blades, silicone lubricant
- rubber jawed vise
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith #PL46)
- File – preferably a #4 cut half-round
- Needle files
- Heavy duty flush cutter
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Small flat piece of 180 or 220 grit emery paper
- burnishing tool
- ring clamp
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be supplied in class for your use:
- Disk cutter with centering dies
- Basic soldering set-up
- honeycomb soldering board – small
- annealing pan with fine pumice
- binding wire
- medium silver solder
- scissors/ rubber cement
- liver of sulfur, dish, spoon, wire hook
- stone setting set
- utility hammer
- Large hole hand punch
- 5mm high speed stone setting bur
- forming hammer
- graduated ring mandrel
- finger gauge
- bamboo skewer
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.