Forming – Soldering – Stone-setting
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $120/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($16 – stone sold separately)…
- 1/4″ x 5″ strip of 20ga dead soft sterling silver sheet
- 5mm x7mm sterling silver pre-notched basket setting
- 5mm x7mm oval faceted stone
- File(s) – half round
- Old needle file (optional)
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith # PL46 or Eurotool equivalent – 13mm,16mm,20mm steps)
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Embossing hammer (or other hammer for texturing) – optional
- steel block and silencing pad – otional
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- prong pusher (same as the bezel pusher – optional)
- burnishing tool
- ring clamp or rubber jawed vise
- 3M sanding sponges (fine, superfine, ultrafine, microfine)
- slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class, but feel free to bring your own if you have them…
- pin vise fitted with a cup bur appropriate for 20ga wire
- silicone lubricant
- rubbing alcohol
- basic soldering set-up
- annealing pan with fine pumice
- scrap piece of copper sheet
- bail-making pliers
- 1.5mm hole punch
- medium silver solder
- Finger gauge
- Rubber cement
- Pear-shaped forming hammer
- Jeweler’s saw/ bench pin/ 3/0 blades (or a bench shear)
- Ring mandrel
- Nylon jawed pliers
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.