S Clasp with Coiled End-Caps
A Jewelry Design 2 Project
Forming – Forging
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($12)
- 3″ length of 14ga round dead soft sterling silver wire
- 12″ length of 18ga round dead soft sterling silver wire
- 3mm leather – 2″ shorter than the desired length of your necklace
- (2) 5/32″ ID sterling silver jump rings
- (2) 6/32″ ID sterling silver soldered jump rings
Reference: (In case you want to create your own measuring chart…)
- Measuring tool for U curves – 14ga / bail pliers-small side
- Measuring tool for Diameter curve – 14ga / bail pliers-small side
- Spacers: 3/4″;1/4″
- Flush cutter
- Jewelry grade file(s) – (needle files are fine for this)
- Bail making pliers (Beadsmith # PL42)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- embossing hammer
- steel block/ silencing pad
- silicone lubricant
- pin vise fitted with a cup bur for 14ga wire
- 3M Sanding sponges ( fine, superfine, ultrafine, microfine)
- slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be provided for your use in class, however if you have them, feel free to bring them…
- 1/8″ transfer punch
- jump ring winder & clamp
- dull pairing knife
- bamboo skewer
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.