Riveted Nautilus Pendant
Texturing – Riveting – Disk cutting – Drilling
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $55/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($28)
- (1) 1″ x 2 5/8″ piece of 20 ga copper sheet
- (1) 1 1/8″ x 3″ piece of 20 ga silver sheet
- 2″ length of 16 ga round silver wire
- Flush cutter
- chain-nose pliers
- flat-nose pliers
- File(s) – preferably a #4 cut half-round
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- Ball pein or chasing hammer (or other hammer with a small rounded head)
- Steel block and silencing pad
- silicone lubricant
- pin vise fitted with a 2.5mm round bur
- twin cut cup bur for 16ga wire (1.6mm)
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be supplied in class for your use:
- Forming hammer
- spring loaded center punch
- # 55 drill bit and flex shaft
- Pepe disk cutter
- pencil/skewer for positioning the metal in the cutter
- scissors/ rubber cement
- utility hammer
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.