Riveted Links Bracelet
(registration instructions below)
Master the art of riveting with wire and tubing while you assemble these great links! I have created a series of custom copper and silver blanks that work together to make these great 2-tone links. The holes are all pre-drilled for you, so you can focus on the art of riveting. I will share my tips and tricks to help you achieve consistent rivets and then we will explore this great 2-tone chain pattern to complete a fun bracelet.
The use of a metal pin or tube to fasten pieces of metal together.
Level: Beginner (*)
This project is considered beginner because the parts are provided for you complete with accurately drilled holes, allowing you to focus on the art of riveting.
Secondary Discipline: Chain-maille
The use of jump rings in decorative patterns derived from ancient practices.
Level: Intermediate (**)
This project is considered intermediate chain maille.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $65/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
- 3″ length of 16ga wire (allows a bit extra for flush cutting)
- (10) 3mm crimp tubes (Rio # 630193)
- 5 each (fronts and backs) of Jen’s custom Riveted Link Blanks
- (11) 16ga 4/32″ID sterling silver jump rings
- (16) 16ga 5/32″ID sterling silver jump rings
- (8) 16ga 6/32″ID sterling silver jump ring
- (4) 16ga 8/32″ID sterling silver jump ring
- (4) 16ga 5/32″ID copper jump rings
- small silver toggle clasp
Tools: (inquire about renting tools if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) – (needle files are fine for this project)
- Flush cutter
- Tube cutting jig (optional)
- Utility hammer
- Ball pein hammer or other with a nice small round head
- Steel Block/ silencing pad
- Sharpie markers (ultra fine point AND fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Sanding sponges/ Polishing pad (also available for sale in class)
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class, but if you have them – bring them so you won’t have to wait to use them:
- Sheet magnet
- Hole punches (1/8″ and smaller)
- Pin vise fitted with a 2mm ball bur, 4mm ball bur, and a 2.1mm cup bur
- Bur life or other lubricant
- Digital Calipur (.001″ accuracy)
- Transfer punch (13/64″ diameter)
- Heavy duty file (for preparing the punch)
- Bamboo skewer
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.