Ribbon Candy Links
(registration instructions below)
Learn how your use of pressure and placement impacts the form you create as we explore a variety of techniques to craft these great links! As we make a bracelet, which requires 8 links, the repetition will help you to absorb the process. The control this will offer you for future wire projects is immeasurable, PLUS you get a great bracelet out of the deal.
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Intermediate (**)
This project is considered intermediate because of the various uses of placement and pressure we use to achieve the various curves.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
- 26″ of 18ga dead soft wire
- (8) 16ga 4/32″ID jump rings
- (1) 16ga 6/32″ID jump ring soldered closed
- (1) 13mm teardrop lobster clasp
A kit will be available in class for $15.
Tools: (inquire about renting tools if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) – (needle files are fine for this)
- Flush cutter
- Pin vise fitted with a 1.7mm cup bur / bur life or other lubricant
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Embossing hammer or a ball pein with no sharp edges on the flat end
- Ball-pain hammer (if you want to “hammer” texture)
- Steel block and silencing pad
- Sanding sponges/Steel wool (#00)/Polishing pad (also available for sale in class)
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.