(back to calendar) (back to Gallery of Projects)
(registration instructions below)
Using a torch to draw the surface of silver into ridges and valleys, creating a unique texture.
Level: Beginner (*)
This project is considered beginner, because we are just exploring the use of heat to create texture.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $55/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials: Kit***(available for sale in class for $48)
- (1) 1″x 1.5″ piece of 22ga silver sheet
- (2) 1″x .75″ pieces of 22ga silver sheet
- 1 lobster clasp
- (5) 5/32″ID 16 ga jump ring
- 18″ length of sterling cable chain similar to Rio# 695602
Tools: (inquire about renting tools if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s)
- Flush cutter
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class, but if you have them – bring them so you won’t have to wait to use them:
- Beadsmith Mighty Punch Kit or Eurotool Power Punch (to punch larger holes)
- Pin vise fitted with a 3mm ball bur
- Bur life or other lubricant
- 1.5mm/2mm hole punch
- Basic Soldering set-up
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.