Multi-Strand Leather Necklace
Wrapping Leather – Hammer Texture – Crimp Beads
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $60/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($30 for silver/ $18 for copper)
- 1.25″ square of sheet
- 20″ of 16ga half round wire
- 18 5mm crimp bead covers
- 6 unicorn beads
- approximately 12′ of 2mm leather for a 20″ necklace
- Flush cutter
- File – (#4 cut Swiss made half-round file recommended)
- ruler/tape measure
- Stepped pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- texturing hammer of choice
- steel block/ silencing pad
- silicone lubricant
- emery paper (various grits)
- 3M Sanding sponges ( fine, superfine, ultrafine, microfine)
- slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be provided for your use in class, however if you have them, feel free to bring them…
- painter’s tape
- center punch
- Euro Power punch
- Nikolas lacquer/ spray box
- Large dapping tool (3 1/4″)
- pear shaped forming hammer
- metal shears
- pin vise fitted with a 3.5mm or 4mm round bur
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.