Low-Dome Link Bracelet
(registration instructions below)
Explore working with low-dome wire as you form these great links that connect large diameter jump rings! Your wire-forming skills translate to heavier material creating a bold effect. Utilize basic pallion soldering to create the closed rings and the look is timeless.
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Intermediate (**)
The weight of the low-dome wire requires smart technique even though the elements are fairly simple.
Secondary Discipline: Soldering
The use of an alloy (solder) to create a join using the heat of a torch.
Level: Beginner (*)
Soldering at it’s most basic – closing large diameter jump rings.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
Sunday, September 23, 2018 from 2-approximately 5pm.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $55/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials: (Kit available in class for $21)
- 13″ length of low-dome sterling silver wire #5
- (11) 10/32″ID 16 ga sterling silver jump rings
Tools: (please inquire about tool rental if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) (needle files are okay, but better to have a Swiss-made #4 cut half-round file)
- Flush cutter – heavy duty
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Stepped Pliers (Beadsmith #PL48)
- Nylon jaw pliers
- Sanding sponges/Slurry coated polishing cloths/Polishing pad
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class:
- basic soldering set-up
- medium silver solder
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.