Low-Dome Link Bracelet
(registration instructions below)
Explore working with low-dome wire as you form these great links that connect large diameter jump rings! Your wire-forming skills translate to heavier material creating a bold effect. Utilize basic pallion soldering to create the closed rings and the look is timeless.
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Intermediate (**)
The weight of the low-dome wire requires smart technique even though the elements are fairly simple.
Secondary Discipline: Soldering
The use of an alloy (solder) to create a join using the heat of a torch.
Level: Beginner (*)
Soldering at it’s most basic – closing large diameter jump rings.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $55/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials: (Kit available in class for $21)
- 13″ length of low-dome sterling silver wire #5
- (11) 10/32″ID 16 ga sterling silver jump rings
Tools: (please inquire about tool rental if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) (needle files are okay, but better to have a Swiss-made #4 cut half-round file)
- Flush cutter – heavy duty
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Stepped Pliers (Beadsmith #PL48)
- Nylon jaw pliers
- Sanding sponges/Slurry coated polishing cloths/Polishing pad
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class:
- basic soldering set-up
- medium silver solder
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.