Jewelry Design 2: U Curves
(registration instructions below)
Explore the next element in the basic building blocks of jewelry design: U curves! As we build our reference arsenal, I will show you how to chart the measurements required for the curve that creates a “u” shape and then demonstrate how that translates to forming teardrops and hooks.
Please note: This is a continuation of the Jewelry Design 1 curriculum, hence it is required that you take JD1 first. There will be future projects based on this curriculum and the design series will continue.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
- 14g, 16g, 18g, 20g round copper wire (mostly 16ga and 18ga- a few feet is good)
Note: I will have wire available for purchase in class as well.
- Flush cutter (heavy and light if you have both)
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith # PL46 or Eurotool equivalent – 13mm,16mm,20mm steps)
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Bail-making pliers (Beadsmith #PL42)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- Pen and pencil (both)
- Colored pens (optional)
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class…
- clear packing tape
- cardstock – 2″ squares for pockets and a 3″ strips for making measuring tools
- 1/2″ strips of paper (colored)
- design reference forms
- spacer pocket page
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.