“Jenuine” Toggle Pendant
A Measuring Charts Made Easy: Stage 1 Project
Forming – Soldering – Assembly
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $60/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($20)
- 5.5″ length of 16ga dead soft round sterling silver wire
- 2.5″ length of 8ga dead soft half-round sterling silver wire
- (1) teardrop shaped jasper bead drilled sideways with a hole that accommodates 16ga wire (or other similar bead you may have)
- (1) 16/32″ ID 16ga sterling silver jump ring
MCME Reference: ( The instructions will include my measurements, but if you want to customize the patterns for your own tools…)
- Measuring tool for teardrop rollback loops – 16ga/ stepped pliers – small step, and 16ga/ bail pliers – small side
- Measuring tool for spacers – 1/4″
- Flush cutter
- File(s) – needle files are fine for this project
- Stepped pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Bail-making pliers (Beadsmith #PL42)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- pin vise fitted with: cup bur for 16ga wire
- silicone lubricant
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be supplied in class for your use:
- #55 drill bit
- Spring loaded center punch
- Flex shaft or drill press
- Basic soldering set-up
- medium silver solder
- copper sheet
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.