“Jenuine” Toggle Focal from Sheet
Sawing – Soldering
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
Saturday, April 4, 2020 from 2:00 – 5 or 6:00 pm.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $60/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($28) for a toggle like the one pictured above (chain and jump rings are sold separately)
- 2.5″ x 1.5″ piece of 20ga sterling silver sheet
- 1.25″ length of 16ga dead soft round sterling silver wire
MCME Reference: ( The instructions will include my measurements, but if you want to customize the patterns for your own tools…)
- Measuring tool for teardrop rollback loop – 16ga/ bail pliers – small side
- Measuring tool for spacers – 1/4″
- Flush cutter
- File(s) – half-round preferred
- Embossing hammer (or other texture hammer)
- Steel block with silencing pad
- jeweler’s saw frame, bench pin, and 3/o blades
- Bail-making pliers (Beadsmith #PL42)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- pin vise fitted with: twin cut cup bur for 16ga wire
- silicone lubricant
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be supplied in class for your use:
- #55 and #52 drill bits
- 2.5mm round bur
- Spring loaded center punch
- Flex shaft or drill press
- Basic soldering set-up
- medium silver solder
- squares of copper sheet or other heat sinks
- Pepe disk punch
- Utility hammer
- Plastic forming hammer
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.