“Jenuine” Toggle Focal from Sheet
Sawing – Soldering
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $60/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($28) for a toggle like the one pictured above (chain and jump rings are sold separately)
- 2.5″ x 1.5″ piece of 20ga sterling silver sheet
- 1.25″ length of 16ga dead soft round sterling silver wire
MCME Reference: ( The instructions will include my measurements, but if you want to customize the patterns for your own tools…)
- Measuring tool for teardrop rollback loop – 16ga/ bail pliers – small side
- Measuring tool for spacers – 1/4″
- Flush cutter
- File(s) – half-round preferred
- Embossing hammer (or other texture hammer)
- Steel block with silencing pad
- jeweler’s saw frame, bench pin, and 3/o blades
- Bail-making pliers (Beadsmith #PL42)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- pin vise fitted with: twin cut cup bur for 16ga wire
- silicone lubricant
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be supplied in class for your use:
- #55 and #52 drill bits
- 2.5mm round bur
- Spring loaded center punch
- Flex shaft or drill press
- Basic soldering set-up
- medium silver solder
- squares of copper sheet or other heat sinks
- Pepe disk punch
- Utility hammer
- Plastic forming hammer
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.