(back to calendar) (back to Gallery of Projects)
Intro to Jewelry Making
The Pendant Project
(registration instructions below)
forming and forging wire;
sanding, texturing, and finishing sheet;
how to create a hole; and
opening and closing a jump ring.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($10)
- .75″ x 1.5″ piece of 20ga copper sheet
- 2″ length of 18ga dead soft sterling silver wire
- (1) 5/32″ ID 16ga sterling silver jump rings
- 18″ leather necklace with a sterling silver clasp
Tools: (please inquire about renting a set of tools if you don’t have your own yet)
- Flush cutter
- File(s) – half-round #4 cut is recommended
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith # PL46 or Eurotool equivalent – 13mm,16mm,20mm steps)
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Bail-making pliers (optional) (Beadsmith #PL42)
- Embossing hammer
- steel block and silencing pad
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- 3M sanding sponges – various grits / slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class, but feel free to bring your own if you have them…
- pin vise
- cup bur appropriate for 18ga wire
- silicone lubricant
- rubbing alcohol
- 1.5mm hole punch
- 2 and 3mm round bur
- pear shaped plastic forming hammer
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.