Intro to Jewelry Making
The Pendant Project
(registration instructions below)
forming and forging wire;
sanding, texturing, and finishing sheet;
how to create a hole; and
opening and closing a jump ring.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
Sunday, June 3, 2018 from 2- approximately 5pm
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($10)
- .75″ x 1.5″ piece of 20ga copper sheet
- 2″ length of 18ga dead soft sterling silver wire
- (1) 5/32″ ID 16ga sterling silver jump rings
- 18″ leather necklace with a sterling silver clasp
Tools: (please inquire about renting a set of tools if you don’t have your own yet)
- Flush cutter
- File(s) – half-round #4 cut is recommended
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith # PL46 or Eurotool equivalent – 13mm,16mm,20mm steps)
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Bail-making pliers (optional) (Beadsmith #PL42)
- Embossing hammer
- steel block and silencing pad
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- 3M sanding sponges – various grits / slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class, but feel free to bring your own if you have them…
- pin vise
- cup bur appropriate for 18ga wire
- silicone lubricant
- rubbing alcohol
- 1.5mm hole punch
- 2 and 3mm round bur
- pear shaped plastic forming hammer
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.