Hollow Saucer Bead
Forming – Soldering
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $65/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($17)
- (1) 1″ x 2″ piece of 24ga silver sheet
- (1) 1″ x 1″ piece of 20ga silver sheet
For heat sinks:
- 1″ square of copper 20ga sheet
- 1″ x 2″ piece of copper 20ga sheet
- Flush cutter
- File(s) – preferably a #4 cut half-round
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- Embossing hammer (or other texturing hammer)
- Steel block and silencing pad
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Small flat piece of 180 or 220 grit emery paper
- Forming hammer
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be supplied in class for your use:
- 1.5mm hole punch
- pin vise fitted with a 2.5mm round bur
- Pepe disk cutter
- pencil/skewer for positioning the metal in the cutter
- silicone lubricant
- Doming set
- Basic soldering set-up
- Small honeycomb soldering board
- Annealing pan with pumice
- medium silver solder
- scissors/ rubber cement
- utility hammer
- custom copper heat sinks (will demonstrate in class)
- binding wire (2″)
- baking soda bath/ spoon
- Moore’s sanding disks/ flex shaft
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.