Graduated Teardrop Pendant
A Measuring Charts Made Easy Project: Stage 1 & 2
Forming – Assembly
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($10 for a pendant)
- 12″ length of 16ga dead soft sterling silver wire
- (1) 13mm bail
- (1) 4/32″ ID 16ga sterling silver jump ring
- (1) 6/32″ ID 16ga sterling silver jump ring
- (1) 8/32″ ID 16ga sterling silver jump rings
MCME Reference: ( The instructions will include my measurements, but if you want to customize the patterns for your own tools…)
- Measuring tool for teardrop rollback loop – 16ga/ stepped pliers – small step
- Measuring tool for U Curves – 16ga/ Wrap n’ Tap pliers – all 3 steps
- Measuring tool for spacers – 5/8″, 3/4″, and 7/8″
- Flush cutter – heavy duty
- File(s) – needle files are fine for this project
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith # PL46 or Eurotool equivalent – 13mm,16mm,20mm steps)
- Stepped pliers (Beadsmith #PL48)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- pin vise fitted with a twin cut cup bur for 16ga wire (1.7mm)
- silicone lubricant
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.