Graduated Teardrop Pendant
A Measuring Charts Made Easy Project: Stage 1 & 2
Forming – Assembly
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
Sunday, March 17, 2019 from 2 – approximately 5 or 6pm.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($10 for a pendant)
- 12″ length of 16ga dead soft sterling silver wire
- (1) 13mm bail
- (1) 4/32″ ID 16ga sterling silver jump ring
- (1) 6/32″ ID 16ga sterling silver jump ring
- (1) 8/32″ ID 16ga sterling silver jump rings
MCME Reference: ( The instructions will include my measurements, but if you want to customize the patterns for your own tools…)
- Measuring tool for teardrop rollback loop – 16ga/ stepped pliers – small step
- Measuring tool for U Curves – 16ga/ Wrap n’ Tap pliers – all 3 steps
- Measuring tool for spacers – 5/8″, 3/4″, and 7/8″
- Flush cutter – heavy duty
- File(s) – needle files are fine for this project
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith # PL46 or Eurotool equivalent – 13mm,16mm,20mm steps)
- Stepped pliers (Beadsmith #PL48)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- pin vise fitted with a twin cut cup bur for 16ga wire (1.7mm)
- silicone lubricant
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.