Gem in the Waves Pendant
Forming – Sawing – Soldering – Stone setting
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $65/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Kit available for sale in class ($40 + stone)
- (1) 1 1/4″ x 2″ piece of 22ga silver sheet (custom trapezoid blank)
- (1) 2″ x 3/8″ piece of 20ga silver sheet
- Jenuine soldered bail
- 5mm tube setting
- (1) 5/32″ ID 16ga silver jump ring
- 5mm faceted stone
- Jeweler’s saw, 3/0 blades, bench pin with clamp, silicone lubricant
- Chain nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith #PL46)
- Bail making pliers (Beadsmith #PL42)
- File(s) – preferably a #4 cut half-round
- Needle files – specifically a round one
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Small flat piece of 180 or 220 grit emery paper
- burnishing tool
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be supplied in class for your use:
- Basic soldering set-up
- Propane torch
- soldering tripod/screen
- medium silver solder
- scissors/ rubber cement
- Moore’s sanding disks/ flex shaft
- liver of sulfur, dish, spoon, wire hook
- stone setting set, utility hammer
- Large hole hand punch
- #52 drill bit, center punch, wood block
- Steel block and silencing pad
- 2.5mm round bur in pin vise
- 5mm high speed stone setting bur
- bamboo skewer
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.