Forged Wave Link Earrings
A Measuring Charts Made Easy Project: Stage 1 & 2
Forming – Forging – Heat patina
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $55/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
($12 kit for sale in class)
- 4″ length of 16ga dead soft sterling silver wire
- (1) pair of hand-made ear wires
- (2) 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ pieces of 24ga copper sheet
MCME Reference: ( The instructions will include my measurements, but if you want to customize the patterns for your own tools…)
- Measuring tool for teardrop rollback loop – 16ga/ stepped pliers – small step
- Measuring tool for U Curves – 16ga/ stepped pliers – small step
- Measuring tool for Diameter Curves – 16ga/ bail pliers large side and wrap n’ tap pliers medium step
- Flush cutter
- File(s) – needle files are fine for this project
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith # PL46 or Eurotool equivalent – 13mm,16mm,20mm steps)
- Bail pliers (Beadsmith #PL42)
- Stepped pliers (Beadsmith #PL48)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flat pliers
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- pin vise fitted with a twin cut cup bur for 16ga wire (1.7mm) and a 2.5mm round bur
- silicone lubricant
- 1.5mm hole punch
- Embossing hammer
- Steel block/ silencing pad
- Texture hammer (optional)
- Pear-shaped forming hammer
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
- Butane torch/heat proof surface
- Nikolas spray lacquer
- Spray box
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.