Forged Ripple Pendant
(registration instructions below)
Challenge your wire-working skills and make this great focal pendant to coordinate with your Forged Scalloped Necklace and Bracelet! In this class we will focus on making a series of 3 symmetrical ellipse shape dangles that ascend in size and frame out a bead dangle. It is very challenging to get them to lay well, so please have a good amount of wire-working experience before attempting this project!
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Advanced (***)
The shaping and forging of these components needs to be very precise to achieve proper draping on this pendant – therefore this is considered to be an advanced project.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials: (kit available for sale in class for $22)
- 10″ of 16ga wire
- 6mm round bead (must fit on 18ga wire)
- 5mm silver rondelle bead
- 1.25″ 18ga wire
- (1) 10/32″ID 16ga jump ring
- Jen’s riveted bail (or other similar bail)
Tools needed: (please inquire about tool rental if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade metal file (needle files are fine for this)
- Steel block with mat to muffle the sound
- Embossing hammer (for forging the wire)
- Ultra-fine point Sharpie marker
- Stepped Pliers (Beadsmtih #PL48 )
- Flat pliers
- Chain-nose pliers
- Emery papers, sanding sponges, slurry coated cloths – various grits
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class (feel welcome to bring them if you have them to reduce the wait time):
- Silicone lubricant
- Pin vise with 2.1mm cup bur
- Dapping tool with 1″ shank (or other 1″ diameter mandrel)
- 3/4″ and 1″ PVC couplings (to be used as mandrels)
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.