Forged Neck Wire
Forming ~ Forging ~ Soldering
Learn how to form a great neck wire! Your neck is not a simple form. I will share my tips and tricks for forming a 12ga wire into a necklace that fits beautifully. This necklace is a great showcase for a wide array of pendants including my custom larger bails and the standard 13mm bails that I commonly use for your class projects. You are going to love this project and learn a ton about draping a neckline.
This is not a beginner project. You will want to be somewhat comfortable with forming wire because the fit/form can be elusive as you forge the curves. But I will be there to help guide the way!
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
- 18″ length of 12ga round silver wire
- 14ga oval ring for the clasp (these will be available for sale in class)
- Ultra-fine tip Sharpie marker
- heavy duty flush cutters (can borrow mine)
- steel block and pad/sand bag for underneath (large if you have one)
- Embossing hammer (or chasing hammer – looking for a polished slightly domed head)
- Jewelry grade file – need files are fine for this project
- Stepped pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Flat pliers
- Chain-nose pliers
- Nylon jaw pliers
- 3M sanding sponges/ slurry coated polishing cloths
- Magnifying glasses– most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following tools will be supplied in class for your use:
- Neck form for testing the drape
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.