Festive Spiral Earrings
(registration instructions below)
Challenge yourself with this spiral puzzle! You will learn the secret to creating great spirals within spirals. This is a great project to work with 3-dimensional wire forming. It offers the additional challenge of forming mirror images. I will break down the process so you will be sure to achieve great results. The dangles pair great with the earwires from the wishbone earrings class.
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Intermediate (**)
This project is considered intermediate because of the 3-D forming of mirror images.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials (for each link):
- 22″ of 18g dead soft sterling silver wire
- Sterling silver ear wires
(Kit – including a finished pair of my handmade earwires – is available in class for $16.00)
Tools: (inquire about renting tools if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) – (needle files are fine for this)
- Flush cutter
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)/ rubbing alcohol
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Bail-making Pliers (Beadsmith PL#42 or Eurotool equivalent)
- Pin vise fitted with 1.7mm cup bur and silicone lubricant
- Sanding sponges/Steel wool/Polishing pad (also available for sale in class)
- 2″ length of 3/8″OD brass tube (I will have these for you in class)
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.