(back to calendar) (back to Gallery of Projects)
(registration instructions below)
Add character to your handmade earrings with a variety of great earwires! I will explain the physics behind earwires that wear well and fall out less. This is a great wire exercise since we will be making matching pairs.
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Intermediate (**)
This project is considered intermediate because we are forming matching pairs.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $50/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
- 12″ of 20ga dead soft sterling silver wire
- 6″ of 20ga half-hard sterling silver wire
- (2) 2mm sterling silver beads
A kit will be available in class for $5.
Tools: (inquire about renting tools if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s) – (needle files are fine for this)
- Flush cutter
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Step pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Wrap n Tap pliers (Wire Loopers – Beadsmith #PL46 or Eurotool equivalent)
- Bail-making pliers (Beadsmith #PL42 or equivalent)
- Pin vise fitted with a 1.3mm cup bur
- Bur life or other lubricant
- Embossing hammer or a ball pein with no sharp edges on the flat end
- Steel block and silencing pad
- Sanding sponges/Steel wool (#00)/Polishing pad (also available for sale in class)
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.