(registration instructions below)
Explore soldering multiple joins while you make this daisy pendant! I have chosen this simple shape to focus on the art of pallion soldering joints of wires. This project offers multiple joins in a condensed area – perfect for learning how to protect your previous joins as well as working on your heat control with the torch.
The use of an alloy (solder) to create a join using the heat of a torch.
Level: Intermediate (**)
This is a great skills class for pallion soldering wire. Wtih multiple joins, you will need to control the heat and protect previous joins.
Secondary Discipline: Wire-working
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Beginner (*)
The wire shapes are straight-forward and allow for some organic variances.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $60/person. E-mail email@example.com or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials: (Kit available in class for $10)
- 11″ length of 16 ga. sterling silver dead soft wire
- (1) 7/32″ ID 16 ga sterling silver jump ring
- (1) small bail
- 18″ 1.5mm leather necklace
Tools: (please inquire about tool rental if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade needle file(s)
- Flush cutter
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Bail Pliers (Beadsmith # PL42)
- Sanding sponges/Steel wool (#00)/Polishing pad (also available for sale in class)
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class:
- basic soldering set-up
- hard and medium silver solder
- bamboo skewers
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.