Cable Bangle or Cuff Bracelet
(registration instructions below)
Practice pallion soldering while making a great bangle bracelet! This project builds on basic wire forming skills as it requires you to form several similar wire segments. Once the pieces are formed we will explore the process of multiple pallion solder joins in one project. Then your joins will be put to the test as you curve the bracelet and solder the final join. The finished product is great as is, or you can embellish by weaving wire and/or beads through it. Practice after class and make a series of them to stack on your wrist – all with their own bit of character.
The use of an alloy (solder) to create a join using the heat of a torch.
Level: Intermediate (**)
This is a great skills class for pallion soldering wire. Wtih multiple joins, you will need to control the heat and protect previous joins.
Secondary Discipline: Wire-working
Working with precious/semi-precious wire to form jewelry components.
Level: Beginner (*)
The wire forming is repetitive.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $60/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
- 22-24″ length of 14 ga. sterling silver dead soft wire (available for sale in class)
Tools: (please inquire about tool rental if you are not equipped)
- Jewelry grade file(s)
- Flush cutter (large preferred)
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine point)
- Chain-nose jewelry pliers
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Bail Pliers (Beadsmith # PL42)
- Wrap n Tap Pliers (Wire Loopers – Beadsmith #PL46 or Eurotool equivalent)
- Stepped Pliers (Beadsmith # PL48)
- Sanding sponges/Steel wool (#00)/Polishing pad (also available for sale in class)
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class:
- basic soldering set-up
- hard and medium silver solder
- bamboo skewers
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.