(back to calendar) (back to Gallery of Projects)
3-Strand Cuff Bracelet
(registration instructions below)
Craft this great cuff bracelet without the need of heavy forming tools! I will show how you can make the ends perfectly even as you learn to solder 3 strands together providing a beautiful yet sturdy cuff bracelet. This class will be a great excercise for your wire straightening skills as we prepare the joins. Then I will share my secrets for a secure feeling fit.
The use of an alloy (solder) to create a join using the heat of a torch.
Level: Intermediate (**)
This is a great skills class for soldering that requires alignment.
Desert Jewel Studio, 26839 N 44th St, Cave Creek, AZ 85331. You will receive directions upon registering for class.
This class is not on the schedule at this time. If you are interested in taking it, e-mail email@example.com with your interest and availability.
How do I sign up?
Class will be $55/person. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jen at (480)635-2402 to register any time from noon to 10pm.
What will I need to bring to class?
Project Materials: (Kit for sale in class for $27)
- (2) 6″ lengths 8ga 1/2 round sterling silver wire
- (1) 6″ length 12ga twisted pattern round sterling silver wire
- (2) 3/8″x 1/2″ rectangles of 24ga sterling silver sheet
Tools: (please inquire about tool rental if you are not equipped)
- Wrap n’ tap pliers (Beadsmith #PL46 or Eurotool equivalent with 13mm,16mm, and 20mm steps)
- Flat-nose pliers
- Flush cutters –heavy duty
- Jewelry grade metal file (swiss made #4 cut half round)
- Sharpie marker (ultra fine tip)
- Emery papers, sanding sponges – various grits
- Ring clamp (optional)
- Jeweler’s saw frame and 3/0 blades
- Bur-life, cut lube, bees wax or other lubricant
- Bench pin and clamp
- Metal shears
- Liver of sulfur
- Bracelet Mandrel (optional)
- Forming hammer (optional)
- Magnifying glasses – most people don’t think they need them until they are faced with seeing the detail of jewelry close-up.
- Covered water or other refreshing beverage
- Snacks are always welcome as well. 🙂
The following will be provided for your use in class:
- basic soldering set-up
- medium silver solder
The majority of the above items are available locally at C&D Silver, SJ Jewelry Supply, Lonnie’s Jewelry Supply or other on-line jewelry supply sources. If you have any difficulty or questions about obtaining any of these items, please contact Jen to inquire about your options.